Miss Sutherland and Miss Wilson.
Mrs Beaney and Mrs Ferguson.
They will also be supervising Year 4 lunchtimes.
This year, our planned topics are:
Autumn Term 1
To support our topic, we have the following workshop planned:
Electricity workshop (teacher led)
In Maths, we will be focusing on place value, addition and subtraction, and times tables.
In English, our focus is biographies. Our class story is ‘The Wizards of Once’ by Cressida Cowell.
To support your child in becoming familiar with the structure of biographies, please share a range and discuss these.
- The ‘Little People, Big Dreams’ series
- ‘Six Dots: A Story of Young Louis Braille’ by Jen Bryant
- ‘Portrait of an Artist: Frida Kahlo’ by Lucy Brownridge
- ‘Greta’s Story: The Schoolgirl Who Went On Strike To Save The Planet’ by Valentina Camerini
To further support your child with the topic of High Voltage, please share a range of texts about electricity and sound and/or visit the local museum. A list of suggested key books can be found at the following website: https://www.booksfortopics.com/celebrating-science
Our PE day is Friday. Year 4 children are required to be in school, in the correct PE kit, in line with school policy.
11 before 11
Our 11 before 11 experiences are visiting a city and a museum. This will take place in Summer term.
Parents – how to support your child from home
Please help us in supporting your child with the following:
- Read 5 times a week and record these in Home-School links books.
- Complete homework on time (due on Mondays).
- Ensure Home-School links books are in every day.
- Ensure PE kit is worn on the correct PE days.
- Discuss the world around you to improve vocabulary.
- Practise time tables daily at home.
- Share Year 4-level texts with your child, a list of which can be found at the following website: https://www.booksfortopics.com/year-4
- Visit the local library with your child to borrow books from the suggested book lists.